Obviously with ElectricAccelerator 6.2 out the door, it’s time for a new “Ship It!” award. I picked the mechanic figure for this release because the main thrust of the release was to add some long-desired robustness improvements. Here’s the trading card that accompanied the figure:
As promised this iteration of the award includes some metrics comparing this release to previous releases:
- Number of days in development. We spent 112 days working on the 6.2 release; the range of all feature releases is 80 days on the low end to 249 days at the high end.
- JIRA issues closed. We closed out 92 issues with this release, including both defects and enhancement requests. The fewest we’ve done was 9 issues; the most was 740 issues.
- Composition of issues. Of the 92 issues, about 55% were classified as “defects”, and the remaining 45% were “features” of varying magnitude.
Again, a big “Thank You!” goes out to the ElectricAccelerator team! I’m really excited to be working with such a talented group, and I can’t wait to show the world what we’re doing next!